When it comes to swimming pool installations, the focus is now on water-efficiency and energy-efficiency. One of the best ways to achieve this is to build a natural swim pond on your property. These features are specifically designed to reduce environmental impact as well as maintenance costs.
Swimming pond installation involves a significant investment and you need skilled and experienced pool builders for the job. We at Artscape Pools are a reputed swim ponds builder based in San Antonio. We have successfully completed a number of projects in Boerne, Canyon Lake, and New Braunfels.
Custom Swim Pond Design and Installation Services
Our company has catered to a number of clients in and around Shavano Park, Garden Ridge, and Selma. We proudly serve clients in Schertz, Helotes and Timberwood Park and the surrounding areas. We adopt would a very methodical approach to design and build these features, ensuring a unique outdoor swim pond that needs your specific needs and styling requirements. Not only will this feature add to the attractiveness of your backyard but will provide years of fun and enjoyment and add value to your property.
Swimming Pond – The Work Process
Swim pond construction is a specialized job that is best left to experts like the ones at our company. We follow a detailed and meticulous work process while handling this project:
- The design phase starts with setting the dimensions of your pond and the softscaping and hardscaping elements. These will be demarcated as per the plans approved by you.
- In most instances, if access permits, the primary excavation work will be carried out using a heavy-duty tracked excavator, this job will be supported with a smaller tracked machine as well.
- The top soil can be separated from the subsoil and then landscaped into the adjacent spaces. If this is impossible we will remove the soil and from the site.
- The next phase involves determining the depth, shape, and profile of the swim pond.
- An artificial liner will be laid onto the pool’s membrane to line the swim pond entirely. Another protective membrane will be laid onto this liner.
- The floor will be constructed using the concrete base and we can add concrete stains of your choice to create the color effects, you want in the water.
- The swim pond is made up of two primary components-the main swimming space and the regeneration zone. These two sections are segregated by an internal wall that can be made using various materials such as stone, clay bricks, timber or even smooth-faced blocks.
- This dividing wall will be built a little below the surface of the water and bull nosed engineered bricks will be affixed to the top of the wall.
- We will then create a deeper biological filter between the internal wall and the swimming pond perimeter using a combination of filter medium and natural stone.
- All the plumbing installations will be set in place, as will the brick/block steps or traditional ladder steps. We can also build timber decks as required.
- Oxygenating plants will be installed in the deeper areas of the regeneration zone and these help keep the water clear and healthy.
For any more information on swim ponds cost or for a consultation and quote, feel free to contact us at 210-204-5236. You can also use this Contact Us form to send queries and we will revert shortly.
Quick quotes are designed to help establish a budget for planning, design and implementation, fixed pricing will be available after consult and design is completed.